Babies are simple, keep it basic—practical and loving advice from a pediatrician with 30 years experience and six kids of his own
When pediatrician Dr. Bob Hamilton's video showing how to soothe a crying infant hit the web, he became a YouTube sensation, garnering over 15 million views in ten days. With 7 Secrets of the Newborn Dr. Hamilton brings parents clear, sensible, warm advice on the first year with baby.
Dr. Hamilton covers topics such as:
* Sleeping (teach them gently to do it themselves)
* Vaccinations (get them, all of them)
* Breast feeding (wonderful for baby, if possible for mom)
* Screen time (don't do it!)
* Eating (let them make a mess)
* Crying (the famous "hold")
* Clothes (completely optional for the first six months)
* Toys (simple and cheap are best)
Dr. Hamilton brings 30 years' experience as a pediatrician, father, and grandfather to the page. His advice is science-based, slightly retro, and strives for a supportive and healthy growing environment for babies AND parents. With Dr. Bob, parents will be prepared to face baby's first year with common sense, confidence, and calm.